Friday, June 3, 2011

Bugs, Rock, and Hippies




Oh, did I mention the beautiful vistas from the top of the mountains? Well it was an unbelievable view. Unfortunately it was hot and humid, so there were lots of bugs and lots of hippies. Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against either, unless they attack me, the bugs, I mean. In 1969 the New York State Throughway was the trail leading to rock in Woodstock. A lot more hippies back then. The trail we chose to hike to the top this past weekend also lead to rock, which made it difficult to navigate the side of the mountain. Going up to the country is good for the soul, just remember to bring good hiking shoes to combat the trails, some repellent for those pesky bugs, and some deodorant for those smelly…armpits you will have after a day in the woods.

No comments: